Sunday, May 30, 2010

AG Hair Cosmetics Review

AG Hair Cosmetics is a Canadian brand established in 1989. The AG products are distributed through salons, and are currently available in North America. I had the opportunity to try out some products from AG Hair Cosmetics. This is a review on the Xtramoist Moisturizing Shampoo, Ultramoist Moisture Treatment, Re:coil Curl Activating Balm and Liquid Varnish Smoothing Polish.

My hair is fairly fine and thin. After styling my hair, it still falls flat and becomes limp easily, especially on rainy or humid days. I had a perm about half a year ago. Now, the permed hair has become less curly, and been growing past the shoulder blades. The middle-length part and the end are prone to dryness and frizz.

Xtramoist Moisturizing Shampoo & Ultramoist Moisture Treatment
Xtramoist Moisturizing Shampoo is formulated with naturally occurring moisture binders, amino acids, proteins, panthenol and herbal extracts, etc to restore the moisture and hydration of the hair. Ultramoist Moisture Treatment is complimentary to the moisturizing shampoo in the treatment of dry brittle hair and split ends.

The Xtramoist Moisturizing Shampoo has a scent of berries and cream. It is easy to lather up. The consistency of the Ultramoist Moisture Treatment conditioner is not so smooth, which can make it difficult to spread on the hair evenly, if you have long hair. In my opinion, the Ultramoist Moisture Treatment conditioner is more suitable for people who have dry short to middle length hair.

The moisturizing shampoo and conditioner leaves my hair fairly moisturized, soft and vitalized. Also, it adds long-lasting volume to my hair. Most of the moisturizing shampoos and conditioners I have used tend to weigh down my limp hair. After using the products for almost two months, I see the split-ends have been greatly reduced. The ends have been stronger than before. However, on the down side, I didn't find my hair silkier as I'd expected. I think AG Hair Cosmetics' Xtramoist Moisturizing Shampoo and Ultramoist Moisture Treatment focus more on renewing and vitalizing the hair.

Re:coil Curl Activating Balm
I enjoy using this curl activating balm very much. The Re:coil Curl Activating Balm is AG's #1 selling product. The curl activating balm redefines and enhances the curls. It supports the curls and controls the frizz against the humidity.

The way you apply the Re:coil Curl Activating Balm and the amount of the balm you use are critical to creating a successful look of airy curls. My experiences with the product were not successful during the first trial. After several times of try-and-error, I have figured out a way that works for me. And, the result does live up to what the product claims.

The Re:coil Curl Activating Balm has a confectionery scent and thick cream texture. I would recommend to emulsify a dime-sized amount in the palms first before applying on the clean damp hair. Otherwise, it goes on balmy. The next step is to distribute the emulsified curl activating balm evenly on the hair. Then, use the fingers to scrunch the hair. It is important that you make sure the cream is evenly spread on hair. The hair becomes stiff if one strand of hair absorbs too much amount of cream. If I have time, I would further encourage the curls with rollers after I scrunch the hair with fingers. After half an hour or so, I let go the rollers and blow dry the hair at low temperature.

What I enjoy using this product is it enhances the curls of my permed hair, and plumps up the roots of hair at the same time. It also tames the frizz and flyaways. There is no build-up on the hair or any stiff or heavy feeling, if the amount of balm is correctly applied. In between every two days I wash my hair, my hair is kept wavy and fluffy.


In order to achieve a desired result with
the Re:coil Curl Activating Balm, you probably have to figure out the best way and right amount that work for your hair type. All in all, the Re:coil Curl Activating Balm does a good job creating definition, volume and texture with long-lasting hold. I like this product, and will continue using it to style my curls.

Liquid Varnish Smoothing PolishThe Liquid Varnish Smoothing Polish gel provides moisture and seals the hair cuticle with a shine finish. It smoothes the frizz, flyaways and split-ends. This Liquid Varnish is free of oil and alcohol. It leaves my hair soft and manageable without sticky and greasy feeling.
Related Posts with Thumbnails